Varadarajan brings 15 years of rich professional experience of the creative and business field to VIVA Development Strategies. His corporate experience helps contextualize social programs in the business setting and throws light on the role of the private sector. His exposure of work ranges from clients in diverse industries like Health, Nutrition, Education, Construction, Transport and Automobiles, Finance, FMCG etc.Collaborating with clients on media neutral marketing solutions and driving sustainable marketing and communication programs through strategic planning are his expertise. He co-founded VIVA Development Strategies in 2013 and brings in his expertise of stellar work with the corporate sector, marketing & customized solutions, advocacy & partnerships, strategic consulting, media & communication, evolution of innovative models.
Awards and Achievements
1. Prestigious Industry Awardsfor campaigns he led in the Banking & Financial Sector, Development Sector, Health, FMCG, Petroleum among others:
- Emvies - (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Goafest / Abbies (2012, 2014)
- Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) Awards (2012)
- Rural Marketing Association of India (2013)
- Outdoor Advertising Convention (OAC) Awards (2012, 2014)
- Yahoo! Big Chair Awards (2013)
- Indian Digital Media (IDMA) Awards (2014)
- 'Eureka Awards' from Aditya Birla Group’s Financial Services
2. Campaigns with multiple messages for various HIV AIDS awareness needs related to condom promotion, service awareness, stigma & discrimination and Blood Donation were implemented for Mumbai Districts AIDS Control Society, under NACO. He led these campaigns that received acclaim at national and international forums
3. He has been instrumental in conceptualizing and rolling out start ups - in the media space, service industry and the development sector
4. Performance Recognition
- Nominated and Shortlisted for the 'Choreo Awards'
- Group M’s Management Conclave for senior most executives in 2013, 2014, 2015
Former Senior Director, Architecture, Dialogue Factory, Group M
Varadarajan has worked across brands and industries in the corporate world for over a decade.His most recent engagement has been a journey of 6 years in which he was part of the start-up team of the WPP group’s Dialogue Factory. WPP Group is the world’s largest media conglomerate with various media agencies as group companies. From being part of the core start-up team of 6 people, he has played a most integral part in the growth of the organization that now spans across 5 cities and boasts of a team of 100 people.
Former Manager – Concepts, 360 Degrees, Times of India
He worked on & with various companies like HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, BPCL, Sanofi Aventis, Luxxotica, Nickelodeon, BK Birla Group, Aditya Birla Group, Tata Indicom, Asian Paints, Lee Cooper, Top Gear to conceptualize sales and advertising techniques for clients, content creation across different channels, business solutions for organizational verticals of marketing, sales, HR, brand building and was declared 'Flamethrower' - a nationwide award within five months of joining the company.